The Major League Baseball Hall of Fame’s class of 2014 will be inducted today in Cooperstown. And ESPN’s SportsCenter will have full coverage of the ceremonies throughout the day. It all begins with pre-announcement coverage at 9am EST this morning. Baseball Tonight host and analyst Karl Ravech and Barry Larkin will have coverage of the official announcement during the two o’clock hour. They will be joined during the coverage by ESPN MLB Insider and MLB Hall of Fame voter Tim Kukrjian. ESPN will offer more coverage and analysis of today’s ceremony tonight during the 6pm edition of SportsCenter.
Along with coverage on SportsCenter, ESPN will also offer baseball fans coverage on its official website, http://www.espn.com. ESPN.com’s coverage of today’s events include the following:
- ESPN’s 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot – the Class of 2014 according to 17 ESPN MLB Insider voters;
- Live coverage with ESPN MLB commentators from 1:30-3 p.m.;
- Live video chat with ESPN MLB Insider Jayson Stark from 2:15-2:30 p.m. Stark will follow with a column on the Class of 2014 voting results;
- Sweet Spot blogger and ESPN MLB Insider David Schoenfield will provide a quick-reaction blog to the announcement;
- Baseball Tonight analyst Doug Glanville column on hitting against Greg Maddux during his career;
- On Thursday, January 9, Kurkjian will post a piece looking ahead to the Class of 2015;
- On Friday, January 10, ESPN.com will update its Hall of 100 section.
More information on today’s events and all baseball coverage on ESPN is available online at http://espn.go.com/mlb To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.