The rock community, it seems, was bursting at the seams with new releases this year. While some records were okay at best, there were just as many that proved to be truly outstanding efforts. Needless to say there were so many of said albums that it was anything but easy to come up with a list of the year’s top new rock records. But somehow, Phil’s Picks managed it. That list includes new efforts from bands young and old alike. The more experienced bands featured on this list include: Santana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Foghat just to name a few. The younger bands represented here include the likes of Buffalo Summer, Love and a .38, and Zodiac. Whether veteran or next generation, the rock community produced a slew of outstanding records this year.
Phil’s Picks presents 15 of those records with its Top 10 picks and five honorable mention titles. Without any further ado, here is the Phil’s Picks 2016 Top 10 New Rock Albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2016 TOP 10 NEW ROCK ALBUMS
- Santana – IV
- Foghat – Under The Influence
- The Dead Daisies – Make Some Noise
- Love and a .38 – Nomad
- Buffalo Summer – Second Sun
- Alter Bridge – The Last Hero
- Zodiac – Grain of Soul
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Getaway
- Blackberry Smoke – Like An Arrow
- Resurrection Kings – Resurrection Kings
- Skillet – Unleashed
- Apollo Under Fire – Apollo Under Fire
- Fates Warning – Theory of Flight
- Ray Rocket – Do You Wanna Go To Tijuana
- Candlebox – Disappearing in Airports
To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.