Reggae is one of the most overlooked genres in the vastness of the musical universe. Its reputation has for ages served more as a burden than a boon. Even with its reputation it is still its own genre, and releases its own variety of records each year. That being the case this critic would only be doing the genre a disservice by ignoring it in the Phil’s Picks year-ender lists. That being said, Phil’s Picks presents today its List of the year’s Top 10 New Reggae albums.
As always, the list reads 10 albums but five honorable mention titles have been included for a total of 15 albums. Without any further ado, here for you is Phil’s Picks’ list of 2016’s Top 10 New Reggae Albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2016 TOP 10 NEW REGGAE ALBUMS
- The Movement – Golden
- Unified Highway – Unified Highway
- Stephen Marley – Revelation Part II: The Fruit of Life
- Rebelution – Falling Into Place
- John Brown’s Body – Fireflies
- Fluid Foundation – Fluid Foundation
- Hirie – Wandering Soul
- Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad – Make It Better
- Gary Nesta Pine – Revelations
- Might Mystic – The Art of Balance
- The Frightnrs – Nothing More To Say
- Cliton Fearon – This Morning
- Chuck Fenda – The Living Fire
- Ronnie Davis – Iyahcoustic
- Mykal Rose – Rasta State
To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.