Having a global view on things is one of the most important things that anyone can do today. We as a people do better when we see and understand other nations’ cultures than when we look at our own backyards. One of the most important part of those other cultures that everyone should take in is the music connected to said ways of life. Much of that music is made available to audiences every year through various record labels. With their release is a justified annual list of the year’s top new World Music albums. this year’s list brings music from France, the nations of Africa, Hungary and many other parts of the world. The styles are just as varied as the nations from which they come, too.
As with every list from this critic, the top 10 new titles are featured along with five honorable mentions. That brings the list to a total of 15 titles. Looking at the albums’ overall content, it made this list as difficult as every other list to assemble, but here for your consideration is the final list for those titles for this year. Without further ado, here’s Phil’s Picks 2019 Top 10 New World Music Albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2019 TOP 10 NEW WORLD MUSIC ALBUMS
- Lakou Mizik — HaitiaNola
- Amankor — The Exile
- Romano Drom — Give Me Wine
- The Good Ones — Rwanda, You Should Be Loved
- Dexter Story — Bahir
- Grupo Fantasma — American Music Volume 7
- Sessa — Grandeza
- Ateshkhan Yuseinov — Strange Suite
- Jake Shimabukuro — The Greatest Day
- World Music Network — The Rough Guide To Eastern European Music
- World Music Network — The Rough Guide to World Jazz
- Putumayo — Putumayo Presents Africa Cafe
- Putumayo — Putumayo Presents Paris Cafe
- Putumayo — Putumayo Presents Ska Across The World
- Carlos Xavier — Viva Todo Ahora
To keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.