Whitechapel will release its latest album this fall.
The band is scheduled to release its latest album, Kin, Oct. 29 through Metal Blade Records. The album’s release will come more than two years after the release of the band’s then latest album, The Valley (2019), which the band also released through Metal Blade Records.
Front man Phil Bozeman talked about Kin in comparison to The Valley in a recent interview.
“I feel with every album, we learn what worked best on the last one and try to utilize that in our writing,” said Bozeman. Early in the writing, there was some discussion of the album being like The Valley Part II, not literally called that, but in how the songs sound and flow through it. It’s very much a storytelling type record like The Valley was. Musically, we just want to create what we vibe with at the given moment. We write music with how we feel and not what is expected of us, while lyrically the idea of continuing from the story of The Valley was always the goal.”
In anticipation of the album’s release, the band premiered the record’s lead single, ‘Lost Boy.’ The song’s musical arrangement is much like that of songs from The Valley. It expertly balances Bozeman’s guttural screams and softer, Maynard James Keena-esque singing for an air that itself creates lots of interest. The balance in the instrumentation and that with the song’s vocals adds even more to the song’s engagement and entertainment.
No information was provided as to the meaning of the song’s lyrical theme in the press release announcing the band’s new album and single. However information noting that the songs touch on “emotional territory” would seem to hint at least somewhat to some information.
Kin will release on a variety of platforms, all of which are noted below along with the album’s track listing.
– deluxe box set (hardcover box includes: exclusive gold vinyl, gold 7-inch single, 72-page photo book)
– 180g white vinyl (EU exclusive)
– clear sky blue marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
– clear ash grey marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– midnight blue marbled vinyl (Eyesore exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– milky clear w/ blue and white splattered blob vinyl (Kings Road exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– gold / black split vinyl (Impericon exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– cool grey marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– gold / black dust vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– opaque cyan (sides A/B) black (sides C/D) vinyl (US exclusive)
– black w/ white edge splatter vinyl (US exclusive)
– royal blue / black color in color vinyl (Newbury exclusive)
– electric blue w/ aqua blue splatter vinyl (Revolver exclusive)
– cyan w/ black splatter vinyl (US exclusive)
– white / cyan melt vinyl (US exclusive)
1. I Will Find You
2. Lost Boy
3. A Bloodsoaked Symphony
5. The Ones That Made Us
6. History Is Silent
7. To the Wolves
9. Without You
10. Without Us
Kin was tracked at the home of the band’s guitarist Zach Householder. Ted Jensen (Alice in Chains, Green Day, James Taylor) mastered the record while David Castillo mastered the album. The record’s cover art was designed by Jillian Savage.
More information on Whitechapel’s new album is available online now along with all of the band’s latest news, tour dates and more at:
To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment reviews and news, go online to https://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.