The countdown to the end of 2021 is now at 24 days. That is still plenty of time to add in some more year-ender lists from any critic out there. With that in mind, Phil’s Picks has yet another list to offer up. Today, that list comes in the form of the year’s top new rap and hip-hop albums. This year brought quite the array of new releases from that realm, too. Between new music from the late, great DMX to new material from Common, and from Atmosphere and others, rap and hip-hop fans had plenty to cheer about this year. As with each list from Phil’s Picks, this list features this critic’s Top 10 favorite new albums in said category along with five honorable mention titles, bringing the total to actually 15. The honorable mention titles, as with every other list, are there because they deserve their own applause, even being just outside the Top 10. Without any further ado, here for your consideration is Phil’s Picks’ 2021 Top 10 New Rap and Hip-Hop albums.
PHIL’S PICKS’ 2021 TOP 10 NEW RAP & HIP-HOP ALBUMS
- Common – A Beautiful Revolution Part 2
- Adrian Younge – The American Negro
- Little Simz – Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
- Evidence – Unlearning Volume 1
- Atmosphere – Word?
- NDN Collective – Landback
- DMX – Exodus
- DJ Abilities – Phonographic Phoenix
- Aesop Rock & Blockhead – Garbology
- Shad – TAO
- DJ 2-Tone Jones – Contraband From India
- Wax Tailor – The Shadow of Their Suns
- K.A.A.N. – Long Time No See
- Dap The Contract – Powers Volume 2
- R.A.P. Ferreira – In The Garden Level Café Of The Scallops Hotel
That’s it for this list, but there is still plenty more to come. Phil’s Picks still has year-ender lists in the categories of rock, hard rock, country/bluegreass/Americana, new live CDs, and of course the year’s best new albums overall. That is all before switching over to new DVD and Blu-ray categories, too. So, stay tuned!
To keep up with the latest entertainment news and reviews, go online to https://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.