This has been a productive year for the realms of country, bluegrass and Americana. The genres are their own, but are so closely akin to one another that they are really one in the same. To that end, the three genres deserve to be combined into one on any critic’s year-end list. That is what this critic has done and is doing again this year.
This year’s list of the top new Country/Bluegrass/Americana records features a number of familiar names and some who might be slightly less familiar, but are still names worth getting to know. There are also some compilations featured on this critic’s list this year. From The Magpie Salute to Son Volt to Willie Nelson and the Carter family and more, this year’s list is full of music that fans of all three genres will enjoy. As with every previous list, this collection features this critic’s Top 10 titles and five additional honorable mention title for a total of 15 titles.Each title is deserving of its own accolades as there is no negative title. Without any further ado, here is Phil’s Picks 2019 Top 10 Country/Bluegrass/Americana albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2019 COUNTRY/BLUEGRASS/AMERICANA ALBUMS
- Willie Nelson — Ride Me Back Home
- George Strait — Honky Tonk Time Machine
- The Magpie Salute — High Water II
- The Shootouts — Quick Draw
- The Vegabonds — V
- Old Salt Union — Where The Dogs Don’t Bite
- Country Music: A Film By Ken Burns
- The Carter Family — Across Generations
- Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues — Roots & Branches: The Songs of Little Walter
- Steve Earl & The Dukes — Guy
- World Music Network — The Rough Guide To The Roots of Country Music
- Zac Brown Band — Owl
- Mandolin Orange — Tides of a Teardrop
- Michael Cleveland — Tail Fiddler
- Hootie & The Blowfish — Imperfect Circle
To keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.