As the year finally winds down its final days, the attention for many companies turns to the new year and the new crop of records already planned for the first quarter of the year. As attentions turn to thew new year and its new albums, attention should also remain on the current year’s albums. This year produced so many standout records from across the musical universe. From rock and hard rock to pop to neo-soul and more, the offerings presented to audiences were many to say the very least. Keeping that in mind, any critic will agree assembling the list of the year’s top new albums overall is a chore, but one that must happen. This year’s top new albums are mainstream and independent alike, at least on this critic’s list.
Hannah Williams & The Affirmations easily made their way onto this critic’s final musical year-ender list with their new album 50 Foot Woman as did Slipknot, Sara Potenza and even Joel Ross. Again, this list was anything but easy to assemble, but it did finally come together. It is presented here complete with five honorable mention titles. Without any further ado, here for your consideration is Phil’s Picks’ 2019 Top 10 New Albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2019 TOP 10 NEW ALBUMS
- Hannah Williams & The Affirmations — 50 Foot Woman
- Devin Townsend — Empath
- Slipknot — We Are Not Your Kind
- Joel Ross — Kingmaker
- Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra w/ Wynton Marsalis — Jazz & Art
- Lakou Mizik — HaitiaNola
- Diana Panton — Cheerful Little Earful
- Am I Dead Yet? — Am I Dead Yet?
- Carlos Santana — Africa Speaks
- The Magpie Salute — Highwater II
- Tedeschi Trucks Band — Signs
- The Sh-Booms — The Blurred Odyssey
- Sara Potenza — Sara Potenza
- Wargirl — Wargirl
- Hootie & The Blowfish — Imperfect Circle
To keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.