Jazz and blues fans have had a lot to like this year. That is because this year has produced so much enjoyable and memorable music from the two genres, which are so closely aligned. From Yellowjackets’ new album Jackets XL to Joe Bonamassa’s new album Royal Tea to he Rev. Shawn Amos’ latest album Blue Sky and more, this year has seen so much great music released. That being said, with the year winding down, critics are already releasing their lists of the year’s top new albums in these categories. This critic is joining those ranks with a list of the best of the year’s new jazz and blues albums.
As with each list released by Phil’s Picks, this list features the Top 10 new albums from the two genres and five additional honorable mention titles for a total of 15 albums. Without any further ado, here is Phil’s Picks 2020 Top 10 New Jazz and Blues Albums.
PHIL’S PICKS 2020 TOP 10 NEW JAZ & BLUES ALBUMS
- Yellowjackets – Jackets XL
- Joe Bonamassa – Royal Tea
- Lisa Hilton – More Than Another Day
- The Rev. Shawn Amos & The Brotherhood – Blue Sky
- Analog Players Society – Soundtrack for a Nonexistent Film
- Melody Gardot – Sunset In Blue
- Dion – Blues With Friends
- Ronie Earl & The Broadcasters – Rise Up
- Shadow & The Thrill – Sugarbowl
- Diana Krall – This Dream Of You
- Sugar Ray & The Bluetones – Too Far From The Bar
- Carol Welsman – Dance With Me
- The Rough Guide to the Roots of Country Blues
- The Roots of Blues
- The Rough Guide to Spiritual Blues
Next up from Phil’s Picks is the Top 10 New World Music Albums from 2020. Stay tuned for that.
To keep up with the latest entertainment news and reviews, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.