Women’s college basketball fans will find out next week, if their favorite teams will be part of the NCAA Women’s College Basketball tournament.
ESPN will air the NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Special presented by Capital One at 7 p.m. on Monday. The two-hour special starts on ESPN, and will move to ESPNU as each team and its seeding is announced.
Monday’s broadcast is part of the Tournament Challenge Marathon, which will feature 25 consecutive hours of college basketball coverage and analysis as fans prep their brackets.
Prior to Monday night’s special, fans will get an early look at he selection committee’s discussions on the 5 p.m. edition of SportsCenter on Sunday. Following Monday night’s broadcast, the SEC Network will have its own special broadcast in the form of SEC Now: Women’s Basketball Selection Special at 9 p.m.
espnW will also air its own share of programming prior to and after Selection Sunday. Programming highlights are noted below.
- Charlie Creme will assess the bracket, its biggest surprises and snubs.
- Mechelle Voepel will examine the wide-open feel of the NCAA tournament and each top seed’s path to the Final Four.
- Around the Rim: LaChina Robinson and Charlie Creme will interview selection chair Rhonda Lundin Bennett on Monday
- espnW also will feature expert picks breaking down every region of the bracket and predictions for the Final Four, and look at the winners and losers in the NCAA tournament bracket.
- Women’s Tournament Challenge: espnW and the WNBA have created a group for fans. Users can join, create their bracket and then compare it to brackets of players such as Breanna Stewart, A’ja Wilson and more.
Coverage of the Women’s NCAA College Basketball Championship starts March 22 on ESPN, ESPN2 and the ESPN app. Coverage of the Women’s NCAA College Basketball Final Four runs from April 5-7. The complete schedule for the tournament will be announced soon.
More information on ESPN’s coverage of the 2019 Women’s NCAA College Basketball Tournament is available online now along with all of the latest women’s college basketball headlines at:
To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment news and reviews in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.