Whitechapel debuted the video for its latest single this week.
The band premiered the video for its new single, ‘A Bloodsoaked Symphony’ Wednesday. The song is the second single from the band’s forthcoming album, Kin, which is scheduled for release Oct. 29 through Metal Blade Records. The band premiered the album’s lead single, ‘Lost Boy,’ last month.
The NSFW video features front man Phil Bozeman taking what are supposed to be the corpses of his dead parents to a cave where he conducts an incantation to bring them back to life. This as blood drips from the cave’s ceiling, and as he drinks what is supposed to be blood as part of the incantation.
This is not meant to promote anything anti-Christian. The visualization, directed by David Brodsky, is meant to show the desperation that Bozeman feels at having lost his parents. This even though in the band’s most recent album, The Valley, at least one of the record’s songs seemed to pain his parents as dysfunctional, ironically. It leads one to wonder why Bozeman would feel any mournfulness at their passing.
The musical arrangement featured in Whitechapel’s new song is just as heavy as anything that the band has ever crafted. Bozeman’s gutteral screams pair with the heavy, crunching guitars, and the equally heavy bass and drums to fully immerse listeners in the song.
Kin will release on a variety of platforms, all of which are noted below along with the album’s track listing.
– deluxe box set (hardcover box includes: exclusive gold vinyl, gold 7-inch single, 72-page photo book)
– 180g white vinyl (EU exclusive)
– clear sky blue marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
– clear ash grey marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
– midnight blue marbled vinyl (Eyesore exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– milky clear w/ blue and white splattered blob vinyl (Kings Road exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– gold / black split vinyl (Impericon exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– cool grey marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– gold / black dust vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– opaque cyan (sides A/B) black (sides C/D) vinyl (US exclusive)
– black w/ white edge splatter vinyl (US exclusive)
– royal blue / black color in color vinyl (Newbury exclusive)
– electric blue w/ aqua blue splatter vinyl (Revolver exclusive)
– cyan w/ black splatter vinyl (US exclusive)
– white / cyan melt vinyl (US exclusive)
1. I Will Find You
2. Lost Boy
3. A Bloodsoaked Symphony
5. The Ones That Made Us
6. History Is Silent
7. To the Wolves
9. Without You
10. Without Us
Kin was tracked at the home of the band’s guitarist Zach Householder. Ted Jensen (Alice in Chains, Green Day, James Taylor) mastered the record while David Castillo mastered the album. The record’s cover art was designed by Jillian Savage.
More information on Whitechapel’s new album is available online now along with all of the band’s latest news, tour dates and more at:
To keep up with the latest sports and entertainment reviews and news, go online to https://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest sports and entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.