Family Music, otherwise known to most audiences as children’s music, is one of the most underrated genres in the musical universe. The genre often-times gets a very bad reputation due to stereotypes created by audiences who are less educated than others about said genre. Those who are more educated know that the world of Family Music offers perhaps more variety and originality than any mainstream genre. The variety of albums released in this year’s field of Family Music albums clearly supports that statement. From the Lincoln Center Orchestra performing its own surprisingly enjoyable takes on classic children’s songs, to the distinct presentation of Paul Winter Consort to even a Backstreet Boy’s own unique Family Music debut, this year’s field of new Family Music records has proven once again that said genre deserves far more respect than it gets. That is why Phil’s Picks does its best each year to delve into that genre.
The Lincoln Center Orchestra tops this year’s list of new Family Music albums with its new recording Jazz For Kids. It is just one of the interesting releases this year that the whole family will enjoy. The Paul Winter Consort’s latest album can be considered not only Family Music, but possibly even World Music in its own right. Former Backstreet Boy Howie D. offered one more of the year’s biggest surprises with his debut Family Music album, making it worthy in its own right on addition to this year’s list of top new Family Music albums. It is joined by many others. In fact, the list features the 10 top new Family Music albums along with five honorable mentions for a total of 15 titles. noting again the variety of content featured across the Family Music genre, it made arranging this list anything but easy, but the final list here is that final choice. Without any further ado here is this year’s Phil’s Picks Top 10 Family Music Albums.
PHIL’ PICKS 2019 TOP 10 FAMILY MUSIC ALBUMS
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra With Wynton Marsalis — Jazz For Kids
- Thank You, Mr. Rogers — Music & Memories
- Diana Panton — A Cheerful Little Earful
- Paul Winter Consort & Friends — Everybody Under The Sun: Voices of Solstice — Volume 1
- The Shazzbots — Light Speed
- Howie D. — Which One Am I?
- Dog on Fleas — I’m An Optimist
- Johnette Downing with Scott Billington — Swamp Romp
- Moozika! — Moove to the Mouzika
- Sharon & Bram: Sharon & Bram and Friends
- Parker & Alexander — All Of Us: Bible Songs For Everyone
- Jesse Jukebox — Awesome
- The Laurie Berkner Band — Waiting for the Elevator
- Camille Harris — Baby on the Subway
- Again Again — Listen Love Repeat
To keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news, go online to http://www.facebook.com/philspicks and “Like” it. Fans can always keep up with the latest entertainment reviews and news in the Phil’s Picks blog at https://philspicks.wordpress.com.
Edit made. thank you